KHARTOUM (Sudanow) - Sudan Medical Council (SMC) has been awarded Recognition Status by the World Federation of Medical Education.
The (SMC) is the tenth agency in the world to have been awarded Recognition Status by the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME).
WFME Recognition Status has been awarded for ten years with immediate effect.
Established in 1955, the Sudan Medical Council (SMC) was and is one of the oldest regulatory authorities in Africa. The SMC is the national medical regulatory body entrusted with ensuring safe, effective and quality medical service to the public through ensuring quality of medical education, good medical practice and providing guidance to doctors, thus contributing to the strengthening of the health system. WFME is satisfied that the accreditation process, post-accreditation monitoring and decision making by SMC when it accredits these medical schools and faculties is to an appropriate and rigorous standard, said a press release issued by the WFME.
The WFME Recognition Programme aims to raise the standards of medical education worldwide, through ensuring that national and regional accrediting agencies are acting in an appropriate, robust and transparent way.
Ten accrediting agencies have been recognised by WFME to date, out of 120 organisations listed in the Directory of Organizations that Recognize/Accredit Medical Schools (DORA).
The 10 accrediting agencies with Recognition Status:
- Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions (CAAM-HP)(Countries of the Caribbean Community, CARICOM) – until May 2022
- The Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Medical Education Programs (TEPDAD) (Tıp Eğitimi Değerlendirme ve Akreditasyon Derneği) (Turkey) – until July 2023
- Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools (in cooperation with LCME) (Canada) – until April 2024
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) (United States of America) – until April 2024
- Korean Institute of Medical Education and Evaluation (KIMEE) (Republic of Korea) –until September 2026
- Accreditation Commission on Colleges of Medicine (ACCM) (Selected Caribbean countries) – until December 2026
- Japan Accreditation Council for Medical Education (JACME) (Japan) – until March 2027
- Australian Medical Council (AMC)(Australia) – until January 2028
- Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating (IAAR) (Kazakhstan) – until January 2028
- Sudan Medical Council (SMC) (Sudan) – until June 2028
E N D
Post your comments
Photo of the Week
A father of twins who scored the top and third place in basic school certificate at Gezira State , died minutes before announcing the results . According to the twins relatives and neighbors that the girl , Mozan Essam , scored the top place at the level of basic exams at Gezira State with a full mark 280 , whereas her twin, Mazin Essam Scord the third place getting 276 marks. The late father w...