KHARTOUM (Sudanow) - The Sudanese Minister of Health Akram Ali al-Toam announced on Monday ten new COVID-19 cases bringing the country’s total confirmed cases to 29.
The new cases included one death outside the capital Khartoum. The death toll so far reached four.
Meanwhile, the government announced that it would impose a total lockdown in Khartoum State for three weeks starting on Saturday.
The Minister of Culture and Information and government spokesman, Faisal Mohamed Salih, said all sectors providing basic and essential services would be exempted from the total lockdown. He indicated that groceries and pharmacies at the quarters will be allowed to open for specific hours.
He added in press statements that the lockdown would be confined to Khartoum State as all positive COVID-19 cases were detected there, save one in Nahar al-Neel State.
The first COVID-19 case in Sudan was reported On March 13.
The country has implemented precautionary measures including closure of the schools, universities and airport, a curfew from 8 pm to 6 am and prevention of crowd attracting events.
E N D
Photo of the Week
Everybody alive today came from one African country (The Independent) Ariana Baio Khartoum, Jan.1 (Sudanow)-It is well known that all humans alive today can be traced back to a common ancestor but a study may have found where that ancestor originates. Researchers at the University of Oxford’s Big Data Institute mapped the entirety of genetic relationships among humans t...More
Zalingei, Jan.1 (Sudanow) - A dispute over a phone battery, in Marin Market, Central Darfur, led to the killing of nine persons and injuring of another twelve. The Director of Central Darfur Police, Salah Omar Al-Tayeb told SUNA last Thursday that main reasons behind the events in Zalingei began with a dispute over a phone battery, where one of the citizens stabbed to death. The police official added that the police forces moved to th...